Message Concerning Our Services & COVID-19
Updated March 24, 2020: Patty’s House Cleaning & Maid Service is still open.
Governor John Carney has issued an executive order requiring all non-essential businesses in Deleware to close as of 5 P.M. on March 23, 2020. As a janitorial firm and property maintenance company, Patty’s House Cleaning & Maid Service is excluded from this order, and we will continue to operate with limited staff. Please continue reading to learn more about the precautions we are taking to protect our employees, clients, and community, and to prevent the spread of the virus.
Thank you for entrusting us with the cleanliness of your home. With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak present here in our community, we wanted to share some of the extra precautions we are taking to combat the spread of the virus.
Our team is closely monitoring and following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and state and local authorities to ensure that we are doing our part to keep you, our employees, and our community safe.
- Asking you, our clients, to postpone or reschedule your cleanings if any person in your house is sick or shows signs of illness.
- Practicing social distancing and minimizing face-to-face contact with clients.
- Deploying a new EPA-approved disinfectant cleaner that meets all of our standards for cleaning, household safety, multi-surface compatibility, and is EPA-approved to kill SARS-COV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Implementing a new high-touch disinfecting procedure that includes all doors, doorknobs, light switches, handrails, appliance control panels, and other high-touch areas throughout your home.
- Reinforcing our existing health and safety protocols with our staff, such as the importance of frequent and proper handwashing, glove use, mask use, and thoroughly disinfecting their vacuum cleaners and other equipment after each job.
- Ensuring employees have the information they need to remain healthy and instructing them to stay home from work if they, or any member of their household, are sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness.
- Temporarily waiving all service cancellation fees to encourage clients who are sick or feeling unwell to postpone their cleanings.
We anticipate that school closures and illnesses will impact our availability for cleanings during this outbreak. This disruption may lead to an increase in the number of cleanings we have to reschedule or postpone. To ensure that we can service your home in a timely fashion, please review your cleaning schedule and update your flexibility preferences so that we may plan accordingly.
As we continue to monitor the latest developments regarding the Coronavirus, we will do all we can to help you stay safe, healthy, and informed. Our team is prepared for any service changes should they be required by the CDC or local officials.
A clean bill of health starts with good hygiene, and we’re here to help you maintain a clean and safe standard of living. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Phone: (302) 569-5161
Take care of yourself and each other,